Disclosure: Our kitchen remodel was sponsored by The Home Depot, QUIKRETE, BEHR, RYOBI, Wagner, Liberty Hardware, Gorilla Glue, and Aspect Stone.
Remodeling a kitchen can be quite an undertaking. There were a lot of changes we wanted to make, but we also wanted to keep our kitchen remodel as simple as possible.
Most of our remodel was cosmetic, so there wasn’t too much to tear out. Read on to see an overview of our kitchen remodel.
Our Kitchen Remodel Goals
Here’s a breakdown of our kitchen remodel:
- Uninstall a cooktop and replace it with a stainless steel gas cooktop/range.
- Upgrade our old fridge to a new, stainless steel model.
- Reface all cabinet doors and drawer fronts.
- Install a small cabinet space in-between a wall and the new range.
- Install a few shelves where the wall oven used to sit.
- Remove a cabinet above the fridge.
- Repair some cracked cabinet doors.
- Install new hardware for the cabinet doors and drawers.
- Paint the walls and cabinets.
- Install a tile backsplash.
- Make and install concrete countertops.
- Install new flooring.
New Gas Cooktop/Range
Most of the major demo work in our kitchen involved taking out the existing cooktop, tearing out the cabinet that housed it, and replacing it with a gas cooktop/range.
This was the only part of the remodel where I needed to pay someone to assist… calling a plumber to run and hook up the gas line.
Refacing the Cabinets and Drawers
There were several steps to changing the look of our cabinet doors and drawers, but nothing about it was difficult.
This project is also featured on the Wagner blog.
Read More: How To Reface Kitchen Cabinets
Installing A New Backsplash
For this project, I chose Peel and Stick Backsplash Tiles from Aspect Stone. They provide a great look for a fraction of the labor and materials usually required for a tile backsplash.
Read More: Aspect Peel and Stick Tiles: My Experience
Making and installing the concrete countertops was, by far, the most labor-intensive portion of our kitchen remodel. I learned a lot of lessons along the way, but overall I’m very pleased with the results.
Read More: How To Make Concrete Countertops
New Vinyl Plank Flooring
We spent hours researching the myriad of flooring options before we found the perfect solution for our family: LifeProof luxury vinyl plank flooring.
Read More: LifeProof Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring