Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through product links on this page. However, this has no effect on the price for you. Nor does this affect my opinions on these products.
The miter saw is the king of my shop. Aside from my workbench, my miter saw acts as a nerve center of sorts because I do so much while standing in front of it. In addition to cutting, I usually calculate measurements, pull nails out of boards, take care of any light hammering, and other miscellaneous chores while at the miter saw.
I owned a 10″ miter saw for many years. I was accustomed to the limitations of a 10″ saw, such as having to flip a large board over to finish a cut. Now that I own a 12″ sliding miter saw, I’ll never go back!
One of the newer upgrades in my shop is the Ryobi 15 Amp Corded 12 in. Sliding Miter Saw with Laser. I also purchased the Ryobi Miter Saw Stand to go with it to eliminate the hassle of needing something to sit my saw on. I love the look and feel of this saw, and it has powered through anything I’ve needed to cut thus far.
This saw does come with a 12″ blade but you’ll probably want to purchase one with finer teeth if you’re going to use it for trim wood. The blade that’s included cuts well initially but will eventually splinter the wood. There’s also a laser to assist with accurate cuts, but I haven’t used it much. It’s just something I’d have to get used to as I’ve never had one before.
The work clamp is also nice to have to keep the boards snug for accurate cuts. The stand is pretty simple. It comes with quick-release mounting brackets so you can adjust or remove the saw if needed. As you’d expect, the sides have arms that you can extend for longer boards.
This is a perfect saw for the DIY-er! Like all Ryobi tools, it is priced very economically. Currently $249 for both the saw and the stand.
Ryobi Corded 12 in. Sliding Miter Saw with Laser Overview
– Heavy-duty 15 Amp motor to easily cut through larger material
– Sliding head provides maximum capacity for up to 13-1/4 in. cross cut
– Adjustable exact-line laser alignment system accurately aligns cut line with blade and is internally powered (no batteries required)
– Extended miter ranges from 45? left to 50? right to accommodate a wide variety of cuts
– Miter stops located at the most common crown molding angles 0?, 15?, 22.5?, 31.6? and 45? left and right for quick cut settings
– Miter detent override quick action lever bypasses miter detent index points with 1 simple motion
– Machined cast-in miter scale for accurate table alignment
– Sliding miter fence provides support for wider material and easily adjusts for bevel cuts
– Fixed dust port maintains the ideal position to optimize dust collection efficiency
– 1-1/2 in. dust port provides connection to standard dust collection systems to help keep work area clean
– Horizontal D handles for improved comfort
– Spindle lock for easy single wrench blade changes
– Electric brake stops the blade in seconds includes RMS10G RYOBI miter stand
– 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
– Includes: (1) 15 Amp 12 in. sliding miter saw, (1) miter saw stand, (1) dust bag, (1) work clamp, (1) table extensions, and operator’s manual
I’ve got more DIY for you!